Remember when we were little and summer time was just the BEST EVER!! No school, no schedule, just pure fun and playing whatever we wanted for hours. Sleeping late, watching cartoons, bike riding, swimming......No thinking about dishes, laundry, bills, dust bunnies, etc. Well, I got to experience a little of that this morning with the boys.
I have been trying to get them outside early in the A.M. 'cause it gets so hot later in the day. So today Hayden and I were up first and we sat outside on our couch on the back porch, him with his O.J. (with lot's of pulp because that is how Daddy likes it) and me with my coffee. And we just chatted' about this and that...the birds and Miss Tassy. We watched different cars drive by and watched the clouds that looked like rain clouds. I love listening to him and what he has to say....
Then my sweet pumpkinbread (that's what I call Reed sometimes) woke up and joined us with his breakfast of champions.... the Pop-tart. Then they went out to swing, in their very stylish outfits of P.J.'s and flip-flops. I wish you could have heard them giggle. After a while of this, we went up to our church parking lot for a bike/scooter ride (Our neighborhood has some really big hills so we load up and go to the church parking lot 'cause it is nice and flat and wide open for lots of riding) . They rode scooters and bikes and sang to themselves as they were riding and I told them stories of how when I was about 8 or so I would ride all over my neighborhood and play in the "woods" and build forts and stuff even though I was a girl! I don't think they quite believed me.
So after all this, I must say, my house is a mess but it was so worth it to just slow down a bit and enjoy "being a kid"with my kids.
Monday, June 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds wonderful. I have to remind myself to "play" sometimes, too!
You are a great mom. You know what it's all about. I forget this fact of life ALL the time. P.S. LOVE your new look!!!!
Post a Comment