Meet the Teacher nights were Wednesday and Thursday of this past week. Wednesday for Reed and Thursday for Hayden. There are NO pictures (much to my disappointment) because, "Mom, that's embarrassing!".
I know I was more anxious than the boys. This year we had to travel to 2 campus' because the boys will be at different schools this year. This fact alone makes me very anxious. I really liked having both boys in the same school last year - it made life so much easier. One drop-off, one pick-up!! In some crazy-Mom way I felt at least Hayden could watch over Reed or vice versa if they were in the same school. This year we have lots of change. Change, that up until 2 nights ago, I was real unsettled about.
But that all changed once we MET the teachers.
Reed has Ms. Christensen. She is VERY tall and thin and is a vegetarian. Funny to me because Reed is my child that will pass up a cookie to have another piece of meat!! :)
Ms. Christensen graduated from Ohio State University and is originally from Ohio. Her classroom was neat and organized and we already have sight words to work on. I like her already!
Hayden has Ms. Jamieson. She has taught for 23 years and was one of the original Kindergarten teachers in Wimberley. She immediately engaged in conversation with Hayden and he had a huge smile on his face. She is the kind of teacher that gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling when you talk to her. Ms. Jamieson's class is the ONLY 3rd grade class that does not have a team teacher which means that Hayden will be with the same teacher in the same classroom all day. Other 3rd graders are team-taught by 2 teachers and switch rooms during the day.
Hayden also has tons of friends in his class - very exciting for him!
Now that the teachers have been met, the boys are VERY excited about school starting. They ask me everyday if TODAY they go to school???
That makes ME very excited.
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Great news! It sounds like all of you will have a great year...and something to look forward to.
Post a Comment