
This weekend Hayden and Reed had their last sleepover with their friends Austin and Aiden. Austin and Aiden are the exact same age as Hayden and Reed. They all have been friends since we moved to Wimberley and they all were in pre-school together. I quickly became friends with their Mom, my friend Amy, since we had so much in common with the boys. We have shared many first together. She was the 1st person that I let the boys stay with, other than my Mom. We shared 1st day of kindergarten, 1st teeball teams, and 1st sleepover. We found out they were moving shortly before school let out in May. The time has gone by fast and we can't believe they will be leaving this coming Thursday.
So, we hosted a final sleepover at our house this weekend. We went swimming, Daddy grilled hamburgers, they played outside in their "fort", they had rice-krispie treats and ice cream with sprinkles. They watched a movie, stayed up too late and camped out upstairs.
Saturday morning when they left, I had to hold it together. I realized that it would be the last sleepover.....
Goodbye Austin and Aiden, WE will miss you!
3 comments:
Now I'm crying, too! At least the boys were lucky to have such good friends...hopefully you will all keep in touch.
gah lee. i'm sad...reminds me of our growin' up days. thank goodness our parents never made us move away from each other!
I wanna come! Fun stuff!
Post a Comment