So what was $76.84 you ask? Was it something you got for Christmas, you ask? Was it the price of ONE Wii game for my children, you ask?
No, my dear friends that was the TOTAL for my WHOLE grocery bill on Saturday!!! You see money is really tight around here these days with the slow down in the real estate market and I have been "encouraged" to cut back at the grocery store. Seeing that this is where (somehow??) the majority of our expenditures occur. I made my menu plan for this week and compiled my list. I swore to myself that I would not put anything in the basket that was NOT on the list. I re-calculated every time I placed an item in my basket. I bought meat, I bought milk, I bought eggs...the necessities. I did allow for a few non-necessities like the blueberry muffin mix, the football shaped brownies for the boys lunches and tortillas chips (which very well could be counted as a necessity if you ask me!)
I was nervous when I went to the check out but THEN I saw the total $76.84
Cha-ching!!!
I left HEB feeling quite pleased with myself. Now I just wish I could figure out a way to MAKE money by being so frugal!!!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good for you! I would be horrified to find out how much money H.E.B gets from us monthly--it's a good thing I like it there!!
Post a Comment