Tuesday, March 24, 2009

the SHINER


Well, I knew it would happen at some point. I just expected it to happen when he was batting!
Last night, Hayden got hit with a baseball. Yep, in the face. This would have to be my worst fear as a mother. I have had nightmares about this VERY thing since Hayden was old enough to hold a baseball. And for the past 4 years he has managed to play baseball unharmed.
He and another boy were warming up. The other kid(who is a friend of Hayden's) was goofing-off and WHAM!
I think God's plan was perfect because I was NOT there when it happened and Daddy took care of it.
So my next fear was - will he go back out there and play, you know get back on the horse?? Well, I am happy to say that he did and had one of his best practices. He is scheduled to pitch a scrimmage game tonight.
WATCH OUT BATTERS!!!

3 comments:

rachael... said...

go get 'em tough guy!

Boyz3Mommy said...

Poor Hayden!! Poor MOMMY!!

mbc said...

Well, it takes a good lookin' boy to still be cute with a black eye! Mommy, I know that broke your heart!