Today is my Mommie Makeover with Reed at his school. I am getting ready to take off my toenail polish so that in about 2 hours my 6 year old son can "paint" them a bright pink color that will also match my fingernails. He has been preparing all week for this! Mrs. Rudolph, his teacher, reminded the whole class on Wednesday that if their Mommies were planning on coming they needed to let her know before Friday. So this morning, Reed says this to me:
"Momma, did you SPT?"
With a perplexed look on my face, I of course reply with, "SPT??"
Reed - "Yeah, you've got to SPT !" So at this point I am thinking I have forgotten some assignment, paper, library book, something?!?!?
Me, still looking VERY confused and Reed sensing that I have NO idea what he is talking about, starts to get VERY irritated with me and says, "MOOOMMMMMAAAA!!!! SPT!!!"
To which I am thinking, honey, it doesn't matter how LOUD you say it, I still don't know what the heck SPT is!!!
So, then he finally gives me a clue and says: "You HAVE to SPT so that Mrs.Rudolph knows how many people are coming on Friday!"
AHHH!!! yes, finally it clicks with me that my son is talking about RSVP!
I must RSVP to Mrs.Rudolph so that she knows I will be coming....I did not tell him he was saying it incorrectly 'cause it was just too dang cute and of course when I said , "Yes, Reed I did SPT to Mrs.Rudolph" his response with a rolling of the eyes was, "Duh, what did you think I was saying!"
Duh, SPT!!!!
5 comments:
LAUGHING LAUGHING LAUGHING. That little cutie bomboodie.
I knew that was coming! I love it. I love the things they (think they) know!!
Too cute!
Cute cute! Reminds me of Gage eating "talking toes" :)
Alright already... GET TO BLOGGIN'!!!
Post a Comment